Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This dish is a tasty traditional Moroccan meat dish that will leave you wanting more! It is easy to prepare and taste great!
- 1 lb lean boneless Steak
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil.
- 1 1/3 cups chopped Onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes, halved
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 6 green olives, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Trim any fat off the Steak and then cut into rough cubes.
- Prepare the vegetables in the way stated above.
- Use a medium-sized pan and heat 1 teaspoon of the oil. When hot, add the Steak and cook until brown. Drain the Steak of any excess oil and wipe the pan down.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the same pan and add the Onion and garlic, stirring on a medium heat for one minute.
- Add the Steak to the Onion and garlic in the pan along with the rest of the ingredients. Bring to the boil.
- Cover the pan and allow it to simmer on a low heat for 1-1/2 hours, or until steak is tender.
Remember to remove the bay leaf before serving the dish!
This recipe serves 4-5.