Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Easy to whip together after work or to serve for company. Not too spicy for the kids and a great taste change. We loved this dish. Low-fat too.
- Source: First Magazine
- 4 chicken legs, skin removed
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- ¼ tsp saffron threads, crumbled
- 4 carrots, peeled, in 2" pieces
- 14½ oz can chopped tomatoes
- 4 stalks celery, in 2" pieces
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 13¼ oz can chicken broth
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- In large saucepot, combine all ingredients except for tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, stirring, over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring and making sure chicken is covered with liquid.
- Add tomatoes; cook, covered, 15 – 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
Nutritional information Edit
- 232 calories | 6g Fat | calories from fat 23%, 105mg