Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 red sweet peppers
- 2 pounds green tomatoes
- 2 pounds sweet onions
- 1 small head cabbage
- 3 sweet green peppers
- ¼ cup pickling salt
- 3½ cups sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- Coarsely grind all vegetables in blender or food processor then mix with salt.
- Cover and let stand 12 to 18 hours.
- Drain vegetables and rinse well then combine with remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Pack mixture into hot jars then seal.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.