Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 (2 lbs) bag Frank's sauerkraut (or equivalant)
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium potato, grated
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Drain juice from kraut.
- With kraut still in bag add tap water.
- Pour kraut and water into a saucepan and heat over a low flame.
- Fry bacon, crumble and add to kraut, saving fat for onion.
- Saute onion in fat till soft and add to kraut.
- Add potato to kraut.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Make a roux by adding flour to bacon fat.
- If too sour add 1 tsp sugar to kraut.
- Good dining.