Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, stems trimmed
- 5 tablespoons canned low-salt chicken-free or vegetable broth
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 small jalapeño chile, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 x 1¼-pound eggplant, cut lengthwise into ¾-inch-wide slices and slices cut crosswise into ¾-inch-wide-strips
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Combine cilantro, 1 tablespoon broth, green onions, garlic, chile and ginger in processor and puree until paste forms.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over high heat until very hot.
- Add half of eggplant.
- Cover skillet and cook until eggplant is tender and beginning to brown, turning once, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and remaining eggplant.
- Add cilantro paste and soy sauce to skillet and stir over medium-high heat 2 minutes.
- Return eggplant to skillet and add remaining 4 tablespoons broth.
- Stir until sauce thickens and boils and eggplant is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.