Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ¾ pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or dry sherry
- a few drops sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh button mushrooms
- ½ cup canned bamboo shoots
- ½ cup canned water chestnuts
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons oil for stir frying, or as needed
- Cut chicken breasts into strips.
- Add the seasonings in the order given, adding the cornstarch last.
- Marinate the chicken for about 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the vegetables.
- Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp cloth and cut into thin slices.
- Rinse the canned bamboo shoots and water chestnuts to remove any "tinny" taste and drain thoroughly.
- Slice and chop ginger, and peel and mince the garlic clove.
- Prepare sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat wok and then add 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry until it changes color and is nearly cooked through.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry briefly.
- Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for several seconds, then add bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts.
- Stir-fry briefly.
- Give the sauce a quick restir, then make a well in the middle of the wok and add sauce.
- Cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened.
- Return chicken to wok.
- Mix together and serve hot.