Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- Serves 4
- 4 Idaho potatoes (about 1¼ lbs)
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- salt to taste if desired
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp butter
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp grated cheese, preferably Swiss
- Peel potatoes and cut lengthwise in half.
- Cut each half crosswise into 4 pieces.
- Put pieces in pan.
- Add onion and water to cover.
- Add salt if desired.
- Bring to boil.
- Let cook about 15 minutes or until potatoes re tender.
- Preheat oven to 450°F or preheat broiler.
- Drain potatoes and pour and scrape the solids into a sieve or ricer.
- Push the vegetables through ricer into pan.
- Add egg yolk and butter to potatoes and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Beat in milk.
- Spoon and scrape potato mixture into a small baking dish.
- Heap it up and smooth it over.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- If potato mixture is hot, it is needed only to run it under the broiler until browned on top.
- If it isn't too hot, put in oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes.