Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Great Healthy Food - Diabetes by Azmina Govindji
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb, 7 oz monkfish fillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 limes, quartered
- Preheat the broiler to medium, and line the broiler pan with aluminum foil.
- Cut the fish fillets into chunks and place them in a bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, and juice, thyme, cilantro and seasoning.
- Thread the fish pieces onto 4 skewers.
- Secure the ends with lime wedges.
- Grill, turning occasionally, for about 5 – 8 minutes.
- It is important to make sure that the fish does not overcook.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (¼ of recipe):
- 172 Calories | 24g Protein | 6g Fat | 41mg Cholesterol | 30mg Sodium | 6g Carbs | 1g Fiber
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable | 3½ very lean meat | ½ fat