Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- 2 tsp groundnut / peanut oil
- 3¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 10 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts cut on diagonal into ¼"-thick by 2"-long slices
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp freshly-ground chilis
- ½ tsp finely-chopped onion
- 2 tsp cold water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp groundnut / peanut oil
- 1 tbsp shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 4 Chinese dried mushrooms soaked in warm water for 45 minutes, rinsed, water squeezed out, stems discarded, caps halved
- ½ small red bell pepper cut 1" triangles
- 3 scallions (spring onions), mainly white cut into 2" lengths
- ½ tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp cold water for thickening
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp ground bean sauce (mo si jeung)
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and marinate the chicken while you prepare all of the other ingredients for cooking.
- Mix together the garlic, chilis, and onion.
- Combine the ground bean sauce, water, and sugar.
- Heat a wok, add the groundnut oil, and swirl the surface with oil.
- Stir-fry the garlic mixture for 5 seconds.
- Add the ground bean sauce mixture and stir-fry for 5 seconds.
- Add the rice wine and combine.
- Pour in the broth; then the dark soy sauce and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers, and scallions.
- Stir-fry over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then, reduce the heat a little, and stir in the thickening mixture for a few seconds.
- Finally, add the sesame oil, which will impart a beautiful fragrance and richness to the dish.
- Serve hot.