- 1 lb beef flank steak, sliced thin across the grain
- 4 cups peanut oil for deep frying
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dry sherry or rice wine
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 4 green onions, sliced Chinese-style
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- Marinate cut meat in marinade for at least 15 minutes.
- Drain marinade well and separate meat into individual pieces.
- In a wok or deep pan, heat deep frying oil to 375°F.
- Add meat all at once and stir to separate.
- Remove after 1 minutes and allow meat to drain.
- Heat wok again (after removing oil) and add oil for chowing**.
- Add garlic and green onions and chow for just a moment.
- Add hoisin sauce, pepper and meat.
- Chow until all is hot then serve.