Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 lb Boned Lamb Shoulder Chops OR
- 2 lb Boneless Beef, (Tenderest -Cut The Butcher Has), -Defatted
- 2 lg green peppers, Seeded And -Cut Into 1/4-Inch Strips
- 3 c cabbage, Shredded, Rinsed, -And Dried
- 3 lg carrots, Peeled And Shredded
- 2 lg onions, Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 lb bean sprouts, Rinsed And -Drained
- Salad Or peanut oil
- Boiled white rice
- Crisp sesame seed Buns, -Warmed
- Middle Eastern Pita Breads
- Thinly Sliced Crisp French -Bread
- 1 1/2 cup Dark Soy Sauce
- 6 cup water
- 10 Crushed black peppercorns
- 4 star anise
- 4 lg cloves garlic, Crushed
- 1 cup Or sherry
- 1 tb Sugar
- 2 ts fresh ginger Root, Grated
- 3 cup Scallions Or leeks, Chopped -And Divided
- 3 cup Chinese parsley Or cilantro, -Minced, Divided
Thinly slice the meats across the grain, in 2 to 3-Inch strips, and arrange the meat and vegetables on separate platters.
Simmer the soy sauce, water, peppercorns, anise and garlic for a few minutes in a saucepan, then strain and cool. Add the wine, Sugar, ginger root, 2 cups of the scallions or leeks and 2 cups of the Chinese parsley. Refresh the sauce with the remaining scallions or leeks and parsley as cooking progresses. Taste to correct the seasoning, then divide among the guests bowls. (NOTE: Do Not taste the sauce after the raw meat has been dipped in it! Just a precaution.)
To assemble the barbecue, place the cooking appliance in the center of the table, heating and greasing the cooking surface with the salad or peanut oil. (At intervals, scrape off the charred food bits with a spatula and reoil the cooking surface and resume cooking). Guests put the meat and vegetables on the plates and then place small portions on the cooking surface and spoon some of the sauce over the grilling food, flipping the food over with chopsticks after about 1 minute on the grill. Cook to the desired doneness for each guest.