- 4 Lamb loin chops, 1" thk - (to 6)
- 2 tbl soy sauce
- 1 tbl brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
- lemon wedges (optional)
- Trim fat from chops. Place chops in a plastic food bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, in a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Pour marinade over chops; seal bag. Marinate at room temperature 30 minutes or in refrigerator 2 to 3 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain chops, discarding marinade.
- For a charcoal grill, grill chops on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals until desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. Allow 10 to 14 minutes for medium-rare and 14 to 16 minutes for medium doneness.
- For a gas grill, preheat grill, reduce heat to medium. Place chops on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above. If desired, garnish chops with cilantro and lemon wedges.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.