Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1/2 Cup(s) margarine
- 2/3 Cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Cup(s) light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup(s) water
- 2 1/2 Cup(s) wholewheat flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 2 Teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon(s) cloves
- 1 Cup(s) finely chopped almonds
- 1 Cup(s) Raisins
Preheat oven to 350F. Combine first four ingredients in a pot. Heat slowly, stirring till the mixture resembles a syrup. Let cool to room temperature. Combine flour with baking powder & spices. Pour in chocolate syrup & work into a stiff batter. Add almonds & Raisins. Form into balls no larger than 1-inch & arrange on cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Makes 4 dozen.