Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is my mom's spaghetti sauce recipe. She was a full blooded Italian, and a great cook. This sauce thickens up while it cooks. She never measured anything, as you can see from her seasoning ingredients. She would just eyeball it and toss it in. I still cook that way today.
Serve over spaghetti, ravioli, Lasagna, etc. may be frozen for later use. A TNT recipe.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 large can tomato purée (1 lb, 13 oz)
- 2 small cans tomato paste (6 oz each)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 lbs hamburger or Italian sausage (or 1 lb of each)
- garlic clove, minced
- hot pepper flakes
- pepper to taste
- Brown onion and garlic in large pot in hot oil.
- Add tomato puree and paste. For each can of paste, add 2 cans of water (making 4 cans of water total). Stir.
- Bring to boil.
- Brown sausage and meat (or if desired, you can use a good meatball recipe and make meatballs out of the ground beef). Add to sauce.
- Season with basil, oregano, hot pepper flakes, pinch sugar, salt and pepper and wine to taste.
- Simmer 3 to 5 hours.