A TNT recipe from my mom's kitchen. This was one of my mom's favorite dishes.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My mom and my old recipes
- Serves 6 to 8
- 6 to 8 boneless chicken thighs, skinned ( use skins for broth if desired)
- ⅓ cup minced carrot
- ⅛ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp garlic salt (optional)
- ¼ cup soft breadcrumbs
- ½ cup butter, margarine or oil
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ½ cup minced celery
- ½ tsp crushed basil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Pound thighs to flatten.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Mix onion, carrot, celery and seasonings.
- Mix in egg and bread crumbs.
- Fill thighs with mixture.
- Fold. Secure with wooden pick.
- Dredge in flour, melt oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Brown thighs.
- Put on ovenproof baking dish. Add wine.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes, covered with foil.
- Remove drippings from pan.
- Saute mushrooms 5 minutes in drippings blend in 2 tbsp flour and chicken broth.
- Cook until smooth and thick.
- Season to taste and add kitchen bouquet if desired.
- Pour over chicken and serve.