My Mom makes this and Teriyaki Pork Roast and I have tried both of them and they are delicious.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Yields 8 servings
- 1 boneless pork loin, (3 to 3½ pounds)
- ½ cup green onion, (chopped)
- 2¼ cups chicken broth, (divided)
- ¼ cup red wine or cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, (minced)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh rosemary or 1tsp dried and crushed
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt, (optional)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- Place the roast in a large resealable plastic bad or a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Combine the onion, ¼ cup of the chicken broth, vinegar, garlic, oil, rosemary and pepper.
- Pour over the roast.
- Cover; refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours. (Mom and I do it overnight).
- Turn roast occasionally.
- Remove roast and place in an ungreased roasting pan, , fat side up.
- Combine marinade with the remaining chicken broth.
- Add salt, if desired.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 2 to 2 and ½ hours or until meat thermometer reads 270°F.
- Remove roast from pan and place on a warmed platter.
- Meanwhile, skim off fat and pour remaining juices into a saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch with cold water and mix well with a whisk.
- Add cornstarch mixture to saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil and stir for about 2 minutes serve the gravy with the roast.