Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 4 large slices round Italian bread
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, cut in 8 slices
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella and asiago cheese with roasted garlic
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- ½ cup basil leaves
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add zucchini, cook 4 minutes turning once until golden and tender.
- Top each sliced of bread with 2 slices tomato and 3 tbsp cheese.
- Sprinkle zucchini with oregano, salt and pepper, lift from skillet with a slotted spoon onto bread.
- Scatter basil over top.
- Serve on plates with this easy side salad — toss chickpeas, green beans and chopped red bell peppers with Italian dressing.