Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup oatmeal
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup sunflower seeds or nuts for chocolate chips
- ½ cup raisins + ½ teaspoon cinnamon for chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat shortening and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla.
- Combine salt and baking soda. Add to shortening/sugar mixture.
- Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips. Spoon on baking sheet and bake for 10 – 13 minutes.