|Mom's Hot Fudge Sauce|
This sauce works on cake, ice cream and cream puffs... or eat it cold by the spoonful. It reheats easily in the microwave and tastes better the more often it is reheated.
It's possible to substitute higher-grade bitter chocolate but not necessary.
Any kind of milk works, including soy milk.
- 1 8oz. package unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1-1/3c. to 2c. sugar (to taste)
- 1 c. milk
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/8 t. salt
- Melt the chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve
- Add milk. Cook, continuing to stir, for 2-3 minutes
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Cover and chill completely. Reheat before serving.