Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3-4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 egg
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 lb margarine (my grandmother uses Parkay)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Put a large pot of water on the stove to boil.
- Fry the cabbage in a large skillet, Season with salt and pepper, Fry until brown and cooked, Cover to keep warm.
- In a food processor, blend potatoes until liquid (You may have to do it in batches, it's ok if the potatoes turn brown).
- Add flour until stiff (so that a spoon will stand up when placed in it).
- Place a small amount of the potatoes on a plate and push spoonfulls off the edge of the plate into a pot of boiling water.
- Allow dumplings to boil until the float (about 10 minutes).
- Cook the margarine in a saucepan until dark brown (browning the butter) Careful not to burn it, you will smell it if you do.
- Mix cooked cabbage and dumplings together and drizzle with the brown butter.