Using a pressure cooker removes the grease from the meat and leaves it in the cooker. Anyway here's a TNT recipe for meatloaf in your pressure cooker. This was written for stovetops but can be made in the CE digitals or other digital cookers as is. This is a great meatloaf for those that want to reduce the grease consumption as the grease is not in the meat but drops into the water in the pressure cooker.
- Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- Yield: 6
- 1½ pound of ground beef (I used 85% lean or better)
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- ⅔ cup ketchup
- 1 cup (more or less) Quaker quick oats
- a dash of salt and pepper
- Take ground beef and place in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix, ketchup, egg, salt, pepper, and dried mustard.
- Combine ground beef and the mixture.
- Best if kneaded by hand.
- Once it is well mixed add the onions and bell peppers.
- Best if kneaded by hand again.
- Then add oats a little at a time continuing to knead oats into the mixture, until the combination is firm enough to form 1 or 2 small football shapes (about 6 – 8 inches long and around 3-4 inches round).
- Place the footballs into a skillet on med heat and brown lightly on top and bottom (turning carefully as needed do not burn).
- Once browned, remove from skillet and place into a pressure cooker with cooking grate in bottom.
- Add enough water to pressure cooker to cover over the grate by about ½ inch.
- A little bit of ketchup may be placed along the top of the meat.
- Use pressure cooker per manufacturers instructions.
- Once the pressure cap begins to rock, lower temp to just enough heat for rocker to rock slowly.
- Allow rocker to go for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat; allow cooling enough to safely remove the lid.
- You will have the best meatloaf without all the grease of oven-baked meatloaf.