Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is great when you're not feeling good.
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes undrained
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of celery soup
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) tomato purée
- 1 soup can of whole or skim milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices of mild cheddar cheese, or ⅓ cup pre-shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of whole-wheat or white bread
- Place the stewed tomatoes with their liquid and the celery soup, tomato puree and milk in a 2 quart saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring just to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer, uncovered, until the flavors blend, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the grilled cheese cubes.
- Place half of the butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Place the cheddar cheese between the bread slices and , if necessary, trim cheese slices to fit the bread.
- Place the sandwich in the skillet and dot the top with the remaining butter.
- Cook the sandwich until the bottom is golden, 1 to 2 minutes, then flip it with a spatula.
- Cook the second side until the cheese is melted and the bread is crusty and golden brown 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Remove the sandwich from the skillet with a spatula and use a sharp knife to cut it into 30 small crouton-like pieces.
- To serve, ladle the soup into serving bowls, and scatter 5 grilled cheese cubes on top of each serving.