Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 cups cooked (about 2 cups dry) navy or other white beans
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1/3-1/2 cup molasses (depending on your tastes)
- 1/3 cup natural ketchup
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- cooking liquid from the beans
- When your beans are tender, drain and reserve the cooking liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 275 F. In a casserole dish or loaf pan, combine all ingredients but the beans and their cooking liquid until well-mixed. Add the beans and enough of the cooking liquid to cover them by about an inch. Cover the dish with a tight-fitting lid or foil, and bake in the oven for 6–8 hours, stirring occasionally and adding more liquid as needed, until the beans are aromatic and very soft