Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- Sandwich steaks or cubed Steak ( enough to serve)
- Liver, optional but adds to the dish
- 3 large onions
- 1 lb of small potatoes or cut up large ones
- 1 lb. of carrots cut up in large pieces
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 Tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. of allspice
- Portuguese allspice
- This dish is done in layers.
- You can layer it by putting the same ingredients in layers or by dividing the ingredients and making several thin layers of each component.
- Put the potatoes and carrots in a large pan and cover with water.
- Start to cook these.
- Brown steaks and liver in a separate pan.
- When they are brown, place over potatoes and carrots.
- In the pan you used for the steaks brown the Onion and place atop of the meats. Add the tomatoes over the Onion.
- Add a teaspoon of salt, 1/4 tsp. of pepper and a 1/4 of a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Cover and simmer until the potatoes and carrots are done, about 11/2 to 2 hours.