Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This delicious spicy dish is best served over rice or rice noodles.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 4 pieces
- ½ large sweet Vidalia onion, halved again and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 x 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- ½ to 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 2 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Remove to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, cocoa powder, honey, vinegar and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to the skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook about 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is completely cooked through and sauce is lightly thickened.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (277 g-wt.):
- 220 calories (50 from fat) | 5g total fat | 1g saturated fat | 29g protein | 15g total carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 4g sugar) | 65mg cholesterol | 360mg sodium