- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate; chopped
- 1 1/2 Sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 c sour cream at room temperature
- 1 ts vanilla
- 3 lg eggs
- 1 c Sugar
- 3 8-oz packages cream cheese; softened
- 1 c Chopped pecans
- Confectioners' Sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting the cake if desired 1 chocolate graham wafer pie crust.
- In a large metal bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water melt the chocolate and the butter, stirring until the mixture is smooth, stir in the sour cream and the vanilla, and let the mixture cool.
- In a bowl beat together the eggs and the Sugar until the mixture is thick and pale and forms a ribbon when the beaters are lifted and beat in the cream cheese.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture and fold in the pecans.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and bake the cheesecake in the middle of a preheated 325 degree F oven for 2 hours, or until it is just set.
- (The cake will fall in the middle.)
- Let the cheesecake cool in the pan on a rack, chill it, covered loosely, overnight, and remove the side of the pan.
- Sprinkle the confectioners' Sugar and the cocoa powder decoratively over the cheesecake.