Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Mucenici moldovenesti
- 2 lbs / 1 kg flour
- 3/4 oz / 20 g yeast
- ½ qt / ½ l water (or half water, half milk)
- a little salt
- egg wash from 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ lb / 250 g ground walnuts
- Make a dough from the flour, yeast and water (or water/milk combination).
- The dough should be rather soft.
- When the dough has risen, make 8 shapes.
- Place in a baking sheet dusted with flour and let the shapes rise again.
- Then spread the egg wash on the shapes.
- Bake at medium temperature until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare a syrup from the 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water.
- When the 8 shapes are cool, dip them briefly, one by one, in hot water.
- Drain well.
- Place them on a platter, pour the syrup on top and sprinkle ground walnuts on them.