Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2¼ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- Mix first four ingredients well.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Chill dough.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Roll dough into balls the size of walnuts.
- Dip the tops in sugar.
- Place three inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle each cookie with 2 or 3 drops of water for a cracked surface.
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes (just until set, but not hard).