- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whip shortening and sugar in a bowl.
- Add molasses and beat until fluffy.
- Mix 2 cups flour with all remaining dry ingredients.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk to molasses batter, keeping fluffiness.
- Add flour until mixture is soft but not sticky.
- Roll out to about ¼ inch thickness and cut using a floured edge.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 9 – 11 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.