Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounce boneless sirloin steak
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ⅓ cup low-fat buttermilk
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 x 10½ ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, molasses, ½ teaspoon of the salt and the ground black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the steak and turn to coat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Coat a grill pan or rack with cooking spray and heat over medium high.
- Grill the steak 4 to 5 minutes on each side (for medium-rare if the steak is ½ inch thick), or until cooked to desired degree of doneness.
- Let the steak rest 5 minutes, then cut it across on an angle into very thin slices.
- Meanwhile, combine the cracked black pepper, buttermilk, sour cream, garlic powder, cider vinegar, and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt in a bowl; mix well.
- Toss the lettuce, chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, onion and dressing together.
- Place ¼ of the salad on each plate and top with the steak slices.
Nutritional information Edit
Calories 281 | Fat 9 g | Carbs 26 g | Sodium 834 mg | Fiber 6 g