Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This green, herb-flavored sauce is good on almost anything.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes about 1½ cups.
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar or wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, washed and dried
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh parsley leaves, washed and dried
- 2 cups diced green bell peppers (1½ medium pepper)
- 2 tsp sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 slices French bread, ½-inch thick, lightly toasted and cubed
- 1 fresh green serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- Put vinegar, oil, garlic, cilantro and parsley in a blender.
- Add bell pepper and almonds; pulse until completely pureed.
- Add bread, serrano or jalapeno and salt; pulse until smooth.
- If the sauce seems thick, thin with a little water.
- Note: the mojo will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If it separates a little, just drain off excess liquid.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 25 | Fat 1g | Carbs 3g | Sodium 65 Mg | Fiber 0g