This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Williams Estate in Tyler, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2½ cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour three cake pans.
- In medium mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar then beat in eggs one ata time.
- Combine milk and vanilla then add creamed mixture with flour.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake 20 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool in their pans for a few minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cover cake with your favorite frosting.