Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 400 grams firm tofu
- 2 large red chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 spring Onion, chopped roughly
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped roughly
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped roughly
- 3 limes leaves, finely shredded
- 1 egg
- 100 grams self-rising flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped roughly (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice of 1/4 lime
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- oil for shallow frying
To Serve Thai sweet chili sauce
Place the tofu, chiles, spring Onion, garlic, ginger, coriander, lime leaves, egg, soy sauce, lime juice, Sugar and flour in a food processor and blend until it is just smooth. Do not allow it to become runny. Place the mixture in a bowl and stir in the basil leaves.
Fry cakes in hot oil around 2.5 centimeters deep by placing large tablespoons of the batter in it spreading it out slightly with the back of the spoon. Cook them for 1 to 2 minutes, turning them halfway through cooking, until they are golden.