Ground beef is mixed with a few spices and formed into patties that are breaded and fried. I'm not sure where my mom got this recipe, but she used to make it at least once a month. Although she never served it with gravy, I think peppered gravy would go great with this.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Submitted By: OmegaJasmine
- Prep Time: 45 Minutes | Cook : 15 Minutes
- Makes: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups crushed saltine crackers, divided
- ½ cup oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, parsley, chili powder, salt, egg, and 1 cup of crushed saltine crackers. Form into 6 balls, then flatten into patties. Coat patties with remaining cracker crumbs, and place them on a plate. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry patties for about 7 minutes per side, or until the centers are well done and the outside is golden brown.