Mochomos, shredded pork Chihuahua-style. Serves 6 to 8. Can be eaten as-is or used as a taco filling.
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder (1 inch pieces)
- 2 cups water
- 1 small white or yellow onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups guacamole
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of shredded lettuce
- Bring meat, water, onion and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Lower heat, cover and let simmer until meat is very tender, 1 hour typical.
- Uncover and set heat to high, boil until most of the water has evaporated. Watch the meat closely and stir so it doesn't and burn.
- Using two forks shred the meat. Make sure no large chunks remain.
- Fry the pork in a lightly greased skillet until the meat turns a golden brown.
- Create a mound of the meat mixture on a plate and surround with guacamole.
- Garnish with shredded lettuce and tomato slices.