Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mochomos, shredded pork Chihuahua-style. Serves 6 to 8. Can be eaten as-is or used as a taco filling.
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder (1 inch pieces)
- 2 cups water
- 1 small white or yellow onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups guacamole
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of shredded lettuce
- Bring meat, water, onion and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Lower heat, cover and let simmer until meat is very tender, 1 hour typical.
- Uncover and set heat to high, boil until most of the water has evaporated. Watch the meat closely and stir so it doesn't and burn.
- Using two forks shred the meat. Make sure no large chunks remain.
- Fry the pork in a lightly greased skillet until the meat turns a golden brown.
- Create a mound of the meat mixture on a plate and surround with guacamole.
- Garnish with shredded lettuce and tomato slices.