Mocha Velvet Pie
1 8-inch pie shell
1/2 cup Butter 3/4 cup Sugar 1 Square unsweetned chocolate Melted 1 teaspoon Vanilla 1 1/2 tablespoons Instant coffee grounds 2 Eggs 1/2 cup Cream for whipping
1. Prepare 8-inch pastry shell.
2. Cream butter in medium-size bowl and gradually add sugar,
creaming well after each addition.
3. Cool melted chocolate; blend into butter-sugar mixture with
instant coffee and vanilla.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating VERY WELL after each addition.
(Use an electric beater or mixer, beat in each egg 5 minutes to make mixture creamy, thick, and fluffy.)
5. Turn into baked pastry shell; chill 1 - 2 hours. Just before
serving, whip cream and garnish pie.