- Makes 6 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3½ cups low-fat milk, divided
- ⅔ cup sugar, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 4 x 1.55-ounce bars milk chocolate, broken in squares
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- Combine rice, 3 cups milk, ⅓ cup sugar and salt in large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 20 to 25 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring frequently.
- Beat egg yolks and remaining ½ cup milk in small bowl.
- Stir into rice mixture and cook 3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread into buttered 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Arrange chocolate bars over rice mixture.
- Beat egg whites in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add remaining ⅓ cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, about 4 minutes or until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Fold in coffee and remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread over pudding.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.