Serve hot, accompanied by steak, meatballs, or any other main dish.
- 2 lbs various vegetables (peppers, eggplant, okra, zucchini, potatoes, etc)
- ½ cup oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup peeled chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt, pepper
- After cutting off inedible tips of vegetables, wash and slice them into 1-inch squares.
- Saute vegetables in half the oil and remove them from the frying pan.
- Sauté onion and tomatoes in the remaining oil, and season with parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Put everything in a stock pot with a cup of water, cover tightly, and simmer until almost all moisture has cooked away.