Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups Nepali homemade Cheese, diced (tofu can be used)
- 2 cups Mushroom,sliced
- 1 cup Cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, cleaned and torn into small pieces
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 5 dry whole red chilies
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup green onion, cut in 1-in. lengths
- In a non-stick saute pan, heat two tablespoons of oil.
- salt and pepper Cheese cubes and brown well on all sides and reserve in a large plate. In a large pot of boiling water, blanch vegetables, including Cauliflower, Mushroom and red bell pepper for a brief time. Remove immediately and place in ice bath.
- In the same saute pan, add remaining three tablespoons oil. Add turmeric and dry red chilies and fry until the chilies turn dark, releasing an earthy flavor. Add chopped onions and stir constantly until lightly browned. Add garlic and ginger and fry for a minute or so.
- Transfer the browned Cheese cubes and lightly blanched vegetables and stir-fry for five minutes over low heat. Add tomatoes, yogurt, soy sauce, and ground pepper; mix well. Allow cooking for five-eight more minutes, adding a bit of water if necessary. At last, add spinach to the cheese-vegetable mixture and gently fold in to wilt it down. Garnish with green onion. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve with steamed rice.