From Jordan come these delicious rolled and grilled sandwiches made from lamb, chicken, and Middle Eastern spices. If you want to substitute flour tortillas for the pita bread, we won't tell.
- Place the meat in a glass bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the spices, salt, garlic, onion, bay leaf, lemon juice, and vinegar, stir well, and pour it over the meat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Drain the meat from the marinade and pat dry.
- Grill the meat over a hot charcoal or gas fire until done, about 10 minutes, turning often.
- Divide the meat into the pita bread sections, add tomatoes, pickled eggplant if using, the chiles, and a tablespoon or more of yoghurt.