Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ½ pound lamb meat, cut into strips
- ½ pound chicken breast, cut into strips
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 6 large sections pita bread
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 slices pickled eggplant (optional)
- 3 serrano or jalapeño chiles, stems and seeds removed, chopped
- yoghurt to taste
- Place the meat in a glass bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the spices, salt, garlic, onion, bay leaf, lemon juice, and vinegar, stir well, and pour it over the meat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Drain the meat from the marinade and pat dry.
- Grill the meat over a hot charcoal or gas fire until done, about 10 minutes, turning often.
- Divide the meat into the pita bread sections, add tomatoes, pickled eggplant if using, the chiles, and a tablespoon or more of yoghurt.