Potato croutons Edit
Tarragon dressing Edit
- First start with the croutons, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Rub 2 cookie sheets with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Mix the red pepper, onion, vinegar, remaining olive oil, fennel seeds, salt and ground red pepper together in a medium bowl.
- Slice the potatoes very thin by hand, or with an adjustable blade slicer, if you have one, and add them to the red pepper, onion, fennel mixture.
- Toss well to incorporate all the flavors of the seasonings, onions and peppers.
- Spread the mixture of red pepper, onion, fennel and potato onto the cookie sheets and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn them over and bake 5 to 15 minutes more, until the potatoes become crisp and the edges are browned.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl until the honey is dissolved and everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Pour ⅓ cup of the dressing over the greens and toss thoroughly.
- Arrange on 6 salad plates, and then crumble ½ teaspoon goat cheese over each salad.
- Garnish with equal portions of the baked potato crouton, red pepper, onion medley.
- Pour the remainder of the dressing into a small bowl and pass at the table.