Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ cup toasted pecans (see Note), coarsely chopped (2 oz.)
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
Cranberry vinaigrette Edit
- ⅔ cup (canned) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- Make vinaigrette: In food processor or blender, combine half the cranberry sauce with vinegar and process until smooth. Scrape mixture into salad bowl and whisk in remaining cranberry sauce and orange juice, maple syrup, oil and salt to taste; set aside.
- When ready to serve, put greens in bowl with dressing. Add Pear and Onion slices and toss well to coat with dressing. Sprinkle pecans and Cheese over salad. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and serve.