Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (not quick cooking)
- 1/2 cup bulgur wheat
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degree. Simmer water and brown rice for about 20 minutes and drain. Add the rest of the ingredients to rice. butter 2 1/2 quart ovenproof dish. In dish, mix cooked brown rice with the rest of the ingredients. Cover loosely with foil and bake until grains are tender, water is absorbed and cereal is creamy, approximately 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally.