Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- ¼ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup uncooked regular rice
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium-sized yellow squash, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- Combine brown sugar, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place rice in bottom of a lightly spray-coated or non-stick 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Layer eggplant, onion, yellow squash, zucchini, green pepper and tomato in baking dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over each layer.
- Dot with butter or margarine.
- Cover tightly and bake at 350°F for 1½ hours or until rice and vegetables are tender.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 105 | Sodium: 543 mg | Cholesterol: 6 mg | Fat: 2 g | Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Exchanges: 1 bread/starch | 1 vegetable | ½ fat