This intoxicating blend of fresh fruit, spices, and wine is so rich and sophisticated, you may suggest that the family dress "black tie" for dinner. In a pinch, a fresh tee shirt and jeans will do nicely.
- 1 Pint Blueberries
- 1 Pint Strawberries
- 6oz. Blackberries
- 6oz. Raspberries
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar
- 1 Cup Dry Red wine
- 2 Cups Vanilla yogurt
- 3inch Stick Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Cups Water
- Wash strawberries and set aside.
- Bring water, sugar, and cinnamon to a boil.
- Add blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add wine and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick and puree in processor or blender. Pass through sieve
to remove seeds and blueberry skins.
- Stir in yogurt and reserved strawberries. Chill several hours or overnight.
Serving suggestion: Garnish with sprig of fresh mint, accompanied by chocolate dipped biscotti.