Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- Source: Kuhn Rikon, Switzerland
- Time: 30 minutes
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup half and half or milk
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 packages frozen mixed berries
- 8 cups (2-inch cubes) Italian or French bread
- 1½ cups water for cooking
- butter an 8-inch round baking pan.
- Combine butter, half and half, sugar, eggs, vanilla and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in frozen mixed berries.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Pour fruit mixture over bread cubes.
- Toss until bread is well moistened.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Cover pan securely with foil.
- Cut a piece of foil 2 feet by 1 foot and double it tie lengthwise to create a strip for moving the pan into and out of the pressure cooker.
- In a 5-quart or larger pressure cooker, add 1½ cups water and insert trivet.
- Lower the pan onto the trivet with the prepared foil harness.
- Close lid and bring pressure to the second red ring over high heat.
- Adjust heat to stabilize at the second red ring.
- Cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to release pressure naturally (natural release method).
- Remove lid and lift the pan from cooker.
- Place on wire rack to cool before serving or serve warm if preferred.