Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- Source: Kuhn Rikon, Switzerland
- Time: 30 minutes
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup half and half or milk
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 packages frozen mixed berries
- 8 cups (2-inch cubes) Italian or French bread
- 1½ cups water for cooking
- butter an 8-inch round baking pan.
- Combine butter, half and half, sugar, eggs, vanilla and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in frozen mixed berries.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Pour fruit mixture over bread cubes.
- Toss until bread is well moistened.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Cover pan securely with foil.
- Cut a piece of foil 2 feet by 1 foot and double it tie lengthwise to create a strip for moving the pan into and out of the pressure cooker.
- In a 5-quart or larger pressure cooker, add 1½ cups water and insert trivet.
- Lower the pan onto the trivet with the prepared foil harness.
- Close lid and bring pressure to the second red ring over high heat.
- Adjust heat to stabilize at the second red ring.
- Cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to release pressure naturally (natural release method).
- Remove lid and lift the pan from cooker.
- Place on wire rack to cool before serving or serve warm if preferred.