- Serves 4
- 8 rashers rindless streaky bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 coxes apples, cored and sliced
- 1 x 420g can each butter, kidney and cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 570 ml (1pt) stock
- 280 ml (½) dry cider
- salt and pepper
- a handful of oregano or marjoram sprigs, to garnish
- Put the unchopped bacon in a large pan and cook over a medium heat for five minutes until crispy.
- Add the oil, onion and garlic and cook gently for another five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining ingredients stir well and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Season stir in the oregano or marjoram sprigs and serve with warm, crusty bread.