Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Breads and cereals Edit
1 cup raw:
1 can soup plus 1½ cans milk, broth or water or 2 cups homemade white sauce:
1 pound or 1 cup cooked:
- Chopped beef
- Chopped pork or ham
- Ground beef or turkey
- Cooked dry beans
1½ to 2 cups canned, cooked or raw:
- Green beans
- Lima beans
- Mixed vegetables
- Green pepper
- Whatever you have around
- ½ to 1 cup cheese, shredded can be added at the end of the cooking time.
- Choose one food from each of the four groups above. Stir together in skillet.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, soy sauce, onion flakes, garlic, etc. Choose spices, herbs and seasonings that you enjoy eating.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting. Cover pan and simmer 30 minutes until pasta or rice is tender.
- Stir occasionally to prevent rice and pasta from sticking.
- Stir in cheese, if using.
- To bake in oven: mix all ingredients in casserole dish and cover tightly; bake at 350 F for 1 hour.
- The Utah recipe recommends cooking raw meat, poultry or fish before using in recipe. Follow those guidelines.
- Some favorite combinations include:
- Chopped broccoli, cubed ham, rice, Cheddar cheese and mushroom soup.
- Peas, tuna, rice or egg noodles, Cheddar cheese and celery soup.
Sources and Citations Edit
Utah State University Food Extension and various web contributions