- Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Combine rice, apples, lemon juice, ¼ cup sugar, cinnamon, salt in large bowl.
- Spoon into buttered shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Mix flour and remaining ½ cup sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in nut meats.
- Sprinkle over rice mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm topped with whipped cream, if desired.