There was (note the word was, unfortunately) a Cajun restaurant here. We went there very often and got friendly with the owner/cook. When they decided to go into another business I managed to get his Mississippi Mud Pie recipe. Had eaten it there so many times he probably felt sorry for me not to be able to taste it again. I love it! In the midst of all the "Mud" pies here I still hope you'll want to try it.
Crumb crust base Edit
- 14 ounces plain dark chocolate
- 8 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1¼ cups cream
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch spring-form.
- Mix together the crushed digestive biscuits, the melted butter and the sugar and spoon into the prepared tin.
- Level the biscuit mixture out evenly, using the back of a metal spoon.
- For the filling, measure the chocolate, butter, instant coffee and water into a large pan and heat gently until the butter and chocolate have melted.
- Remove from the heat, and beat in the cream, sugar and eggs and then pour the mixture on to the biscuit crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1¼ hours until the filling is set.
- Allow to cool before removing the tin.
- Serve with whipped cream.